As the tech industry continues to boom, more and more people are taking the leap of faith to quit their daytime jobs in hopes of making their dreams a reality. And while enthusiasm and optimism is essential if you want to make it in your industry, it’s also important to have some wisdom.
All too often many entrepreneurs make the common mistakes that most new business ventures make which is why so many fail. Whether if its not being prepared, not getting the right help, ignoring vital data, or trying to grow too quickly, young startups are not breaking through because they lack the experience and insights necessary to flourish.
So if you plan on launching a new venture, here are some inspirational quotes you can learn from:
- “Starting your own business is like riding a roller coaster. There are highs and lows and every turn you take is another twist. The lows are really low, but the highs can be really high. You have to be strong, keep your stomach tight, and ride along with the roller coaster that you started.” – Lindsay Manseau
This is a very important piece of wisdom for you to understand if you truly want to make it. All to often entrepreneurs new to the space get so excited when things go right that when they go wrong, it feels like its the end of the world.
Phil Jackson, one of the greatest NBA coaches of all time, used to teach his players to stay in the middle and not allow the highs and lows to effect you too much. This is why they called him the Zen Master.
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
When things go wrong, it can cause you to second guess yourself and you begin to freeze and stop taking action. While it is important that you take the time necessary to learn from your mistakes, don’t let it paralyze you. Just keep pushing along even when it may feel like all hope has been lost. Just remember that every day gives you a new set of eyes.
- “From my very first day as an entrepreneur, I’ve felt the only mission worth pursuing in business is to make people’s lives better.” – Richard Branson
If there ever comes a point where you lose sight of what your mission is in your business, then just remember this quote from Richard Branson. Your only job is to create a product or service that makes people’s lives better. If you are not solving some sort of problem that people need help with, then your business is moving in the wrong direction.
- “What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone, know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.” -Dave Thomas
Here is a great inspirational quote from the founder of one of the largest fast food retailers: Wendy’s. When you think about when Dave started his business and read this quote, you can see here how it is timeless and will never change.
Every entrepreneur must be able to connect the dots between the customer and the product or service. In reality, you are just a bridge connecting the two as a maker of relationships.
- “It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day hard work of running a business and completely forget that while solving problems and building something you can be proud of, you also have an incredible opportunity to shape the future. Even better, you have the chance to meet amazing people and do amazing things along the way. It’s important not to get lost among the trees and forget about the amazing, beautiful forest you’re planting.” – Colin Wright
When you are trudging along on your day to day grind, don’t forget that the journey is a destination unto itself. The day to day work you do and the experiences you have are just as important as the final destination.
Find more inspirational quotes at