Can you imagine thinking that social media was simply a fad that would fade away? Well, there was a time when business owners, even the big corporate giants, thought social media was for kids and that it would be a passing fancy. These skeptics have been proven wrong over the years to the tune of social media growth to more than 2 billion users across multiple active social media platforms.
Today, the major players in social media, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn are marketing giants that provide businesses with valuable information and demographics about their customers. Most of your interactions across social networks is free, unless you choose to advertise, which is a topic for another time.
Social media for business branding is not optional anymore. It’s imperative.
How can social media benefit your business?
- Valuable Data – The real-time data on social networks is of great value to your business. Every day, here are millions of Twitter Tweets, Facebook Likes, and Instagram images and videos shared by users. Behind all this interaction lies a lot of information about them, including what they like, who they are, and how they feel about various brands, like yours. By ‘listening’ to your followers and customers and engaging with them daily, you can make smart business decisions by paying attention.
- Rich Customer Experience – Because social media allows you to engage and interact with your customers, you can better serve them. You can answer their questions, address their concerns through public comments, in private messages, or by hosting a Q&A session once a month. Showing you’re human, shows them you care about their satisfaction with your brand.
- Brand Awareness – Improving your brand awareness is one of the major benefits of engaging on social media. Social channels make it easier for your customers and potential customers to find you. It’s likely they will connect with you, which results in a better customer relationship and higher retention.
- Increase Web Traffic – Your blog and website can be promoted via social media channels, which helps boost your overall traffic. Your search rankings will also be improved with the increased social media interactions like retweets and shares across channels.
- Fast Way to Share Content – Social media is now the fastest and most effective way to share content to a local to global audience. Every single day is another opportunity to provide a unique and special experience to your audience and customers. Content curation, social engagement, and liking content meshes together to boost your brand. If you cannot engage daily, you can outsource some tasks or find a reliable automation tool to automate some of your menial tasks. Remember, the end goal is to interact as humanly as possible.
Social media also allows you to generate more targeted leads, run targeted ads that offer real-time results, learn what your competitors are doing, geo-target content, and build amazing customer relationships.
If you’re not using social media channels to boost your brand, you’re behind your competitors. Simply put, social media is crucial to your business.
Article by The Small Business Blog